Owner Benefits 2019 (benefits are for the entire household)
- Save 10% on groceries six times a year (you pick the day) during specified months (Feb, April, June, Aug, Oct, Dec) by showing your member ID at check out. (Some exclusions apply, see membership card.)
- Save with monthly member-only special prices throughout the store. (Items are available while supplies last.)
- You share in the stores’ profits through our patronage refund. In every year that the Co-op is profitable, our net profits will be divided up and given back to members in the form of a check and store equity.
- The household registered Owner can participate in the governance of your Co-op by voting in annual and special elections and running to serve on our Board of Directors.
- You and your family are invited to join us for our Annual Owner Celebration, including food, music, and activities provided by the Co-op.
- You and your family are invited to join us at Canterbury Shaker Village for the Annual Garden Party.
- You can order products through the Co-op’s Buying Club for even greater savings.
- Discounted rate on auto, home and other personal insurance products through Liberty Mutual Rep. and Co-op member, Scott Pratt. For more information visit www.LibertyMutual.com/ScottPratt
- Members aged 62 and older may receive a 15% Senior Discount every Sunday and Tuesday! Click here to download the application or see a cashier to sign up.
- Free individual membership for the 2019 season (through Oct 26) to Canterbury Shaker Village. Just show your Co-op membership at the admission desk at Canterbury Shaker Village.
It’s easy to become an Owner of the Co-op. CLICK HERE or during your next visit at either of our locations just tell the cashier that you would like to join. It’s just a one time cost of membership is $100 per household. You have the option of paying your equity all at once or in quarterly installments. Owners who choose to pay all at once receive a $10 coupon towards their shopping trip. Since 1982, there have been no annual dues or additional costs.
This is not a fee that you pay and lose. If you decide to end your membership, you can ask the Co-op to repurchase your membership shares and return you equity investment.