Concord Food Co-op is owned by its customers who have purchased memberships. We provide high quality natural and organic food and other products to our community with an emphasis on local sourcing, while operating in an environmentally responsible and sustainable manner and compensating employees fairly.
Because of all that we do, Concord Food Co-op’s Owners, customers and community will benefit from:
- A wide variety of high quality natural and organic foods and environmentally sound products at fair prices.
- Support for environmentally and socially responsible producers and suppliers, especially for local and regional products where available within our price and quality standards.
- A workplace where staff is valued, supported, respected and compensated fairly.
- A pleasurable and friendly place to shop, with customer service that is cheerful, courteous and knowledgeable.
- Information on health and nutrition, on social, political and economic issues related to food and household products, and on the value of consumer control through the cooperative system.
- A successful cooperatively owned business.
The business and affairs of the Concord Food Cooperative, Inc., a corporation in the State of New Hampshire and hereafter referred to as the Co-op, shall be conducted in accordance with the following:
Without gender, social, racial, political, or religious discrimination.
One vote for each Member, with no proxy votes.
Members contribute equitably to the capital of the Co-op and decide how to allocate any surplus income.
No agreements with outside entities that fail to ensure democratic control of the Co-op by its Members.
So Members, Directors, and employees can contribute to the development of the Co-op and inform the general public about the nature and benefits of cooperation.
Strengthening the cooperative movement by working together through local, regional, national and international alliances.
By working to assure it thrives and is developed sustainably.