By Barbara Bonsignore
Brought to you by the July edition of the Natural Buzz monthly newsletter.
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast flakes (Red Star)
- 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 1/2 cups water or vegetable broth
- Garlic powder, tamari soy sauce, or Bragg Aminos (health food stores), to taste
Put all ingredients into small saucepan. Stir constantly over medium heat until mixture is smooth and thickened. Season to taste with garlic powder and tamari. If reheating, add water as needed to reach desired consistency.
Tofu “Sour Cream”
- 2 cups tofu
- 3 Tbsp. + 2 tsp. vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. turbinado or Succanat sugar (health food stores)
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 2 Tbsp. oil (not olive, canola is ok)
- 3/4 tsp. salt
Buzz in blender until smooth, adding more water if mixture is too thick. Add chopped chives if desired. Refrigerate.
- 3 1/2 Tbso. mellow miso (health food stores)
- 5 Tbsp. almond butter
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
Mix ingredients together until well combined.