Here are some useful stats on membership and membership equity:
- $100 Equity Contribution per household. This is the cost to become a member.
- The A Share is your first $25 payment, and it gives you most of your Co-op benefits immediately.
- The B Shares comprise your three remaining $25 payments. Once you have one A and three B Shares, you are eligible to vote, receive a patronage refund, and receive Member Appreciation Discounts.
- You can pay for all these shares at once for $100 or in four quarterly installments.
- There are no annual dues or fees.
- One household member may vote on the Co-op’s issues. Each additional voting member per household requires an additional $100 equity investment.
- Your Equity Investment is completely refundable should you ever move or choose to leave the Co-op. Simply contact our Finance Manager Peter Deleault at 603.227.9696 or email him at admin at concordfoodcoop.coop.
Only member-owners of the Co-op who have $100 of equity contribution at the end of the fiscal year in which a patronage refund is declared, are eligible to receive a refund when the Co-op is profitable. This means that when the organization achieves a positive net income for the fiscal year, the Board of Directors may designate a portion of the profit be returned to the members in the form of a refund check.
A refund is calculated like this: Each time a member shops the Co-op, we scan your member card, allowing us to track your total purchases throughout the year. In years when the Co-op is profitable and the Board of Directors approves a patronage refund, each member receives a percentage of their total purchases in the form of a refund check and/or membership shares. However, during any year in which the Co-op does not achieve a positive net income, members would not receive a refund check or equity shares, thereby sharing in the Co-op’s financial ups and downs. Checks are mailed after the annual audit is complete in late autumn, pending approval by the Board of Directors.