If you are looking for prepared foods and local deli meats that are natural and prepared right here in our store, come to the Concord Co-op and taste the difference!
Fresh, Sliced Deli Meats
The Co-op Chef’s have selected the below companies for their sous-vied prepared deli meats:
McKenzie Natural Artisan Deli
“We believe meats and cheeses should be crafted with care, that every batch should be sourced from local family farms and trusted purveyors and that a recipe with NATURAL INGREDIENTS is always better than one with hormones, nitrates, and antibiotics. We believe when you make it right, it simply, honestly tastes better. In 1907, John and Nellie founded McKenzie Farms in rural Vermont. They had a simple mission: to put quality above all else. Today, that Vermont heritage inspires us to make all of our meats and cheeses the honest way. The way that nature intended, without overprocessing or added chemicals. Our artisan meats and cheeses crafted with care include chicken breast, turkey breast, uncured ham, artisan cheese, and natural roast beef.
All of the products are
– All natural
– Made without artificial ingredients
– Made without added nitrates or nitrates
– Gluten free
– MSG free
– Sourced and crafted in America”
Applegate – Natural & Organic Meat
“At Applegate our mission is to Change the Meat We Eat. By that we mean making good meat – the kind that’s raised humanely without antibiotics and hormones – accessible to as many people as possible. To achieve this evolution, we put our resources toward the people we think have the most potential to change our food system – eaters, farmers and innovators. Our work involves educating people about the important issues that impact their food, addressing the challenges faced by new farmers, and supporting big ideas that can improve the way good meat is raised, produced and distributed.
– Animals never administered antibiotics
– Animals never administered growth hormones
– Animals fed 100% vegetarian diet with no animal by-products
– Animals fed 100% organic vegetarian diet with no animal by-products
– Animal feed is free of genetically modified ingredients, synthetic fertilizers, pesticides and herbicides
– No Nitrates or Nitrites added
– No Artificial Ingredients
– No Fillers
– No Genetically Modified Ingredients”